The Banquet Hall
The Workers Museum’s Banquet Hall is a unique room that provides the perfect setting for a wide range of arrangements: weddings, receptions, birthday parties, conferences, lectures, concerts and much more.
Since 1879 the Banquet Hall has created a framework for countless of festive occasions and ceremonious gatherings – from political meetings, Christmas parties, anniversaries, international conferences and even funerals of famous personalities. In other words, you can find inspiration for your own arrangement in the historical surroundings of the Banquet Hall.
Give friends and family, colleagues, partners and guests a day they will remember by booking this unique and historical hall for your event.
Before or during your event you and your guests can visit the historical apartments with a guide or you can do a quiz in and about the museum exhibitions. Start out the party by welcoming your guests with a drink on the balcony, while enjoying the beautiful glass ceiling and the unique chandeliers. The Banquet Hall will be lit by candlelight and a pianist can perhaps provide the right ambience on the grand piano during dinner, which can either be a traditional Danish or French inspired menu for the evening. Later, our waiters can clear tables to create a dancefloor, and our caterer can help you choose the right music for the stage, either a modern DJ or a specific time-inspired band.
We will sort out all practicalities and you will be able to sit back and enjoy your event.
Size, capacity and Facilities
- Size: The Banquet Hall is 22 meters long and 9 meters wide.
- Number of participants: The Banquet Hall accommodates 300 persons for a standing reception and 130 for a sitting dinner. For a seated concert, play or conference 200 people can be seated.
- Stage: There is a stage at the front of the hall, which is 3 meters deep and 8 meters wide.
- Balcony: There is a balcony around the Banquet Hall one story above the Hall itself and a bigger balcony piece at the other end of the hall. It is 3 meters deep and 9 meters wide. The balcony can be used for standing receptions, and is often also used for serving an aperitif at weddings and other arrangements.
- Grand Piano: There is a grand piano on the stage. If you plan on using the piano you will have to inform us beforehand. It is regularly tuned in advance but during concerts we recommend it will be tuned separately, at your cost.
- Rostrum: there is a rostrum on the stage. It can be removed.
- AV equipment: we have a projector, pc, various types microphones and a sound system, WIFI as well as everything else you might need. The use of these services is charged and has to be booked prior to the event.
- Lighting: The Banquet Hall is lit up by three large chandeliers, which hang from the Banquet Hall ceiling. The intensity of the light can be adjusted.
- Tables and Chairs: One set up of tables and chairs is included in the rent of the Hall. We do not have round tables, however they can be acquired.
- Closed Banquet Hall: during events in the opening hours of the museum, the Banquet Hall and balcony is closed for other guests of the museum.
- Accessibility: From the ground floor foyer there are both stairs and lifts with access to the Banquet Hall on the first floor and the balcony on the second floor.
- Toilets: Toilets are located on the ground floor, in the museum shop.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to talk about your event or book a tour of our facilities. Call our events department on +45 33 48 03 34 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.